In April 2016 Porsche is releasing its new mid engined roadster 718 Boxster and 718 Boxster S.
One major new thing is that they are both now offered with new four- cylinder turbocharged horizontally opposed engines. They have an increase in power and torque (up to 35 hp and 100 Nm) compared to the predecessor. Not to mention lower fuel consumption and emissions.
The key figures are 0-100 in 4,9 seconds and top speed of 275 km/h for the Boxster. The S version goes a little faster, 0-100 km/h in 4,2 seconds and 285 km/h. A lot of wind in the hair at these speeds…
The design is moreÂ striking, withÂ sportier chassis setup and a host of new performance, comfort and assistance systems.
The acoustic experience is of course of great interest, as anyone that has driven the previous Boxsters with 6-cylinder engine, will never ever forget thatÂ magic sound… Porsche is claiming that the sound experience will still be very intense, especially in conjunction with the new optional sports exhaust system (option).
The Boxster 718 roadster comes with a fabric hood. At the push of a button, it opens and closes fully automatically in nine seconds â€“ even on the move, up to a speed of 50 km/h.
Other highlights of the new Porsche Boxster 718 are:
- Connectivity: web-connected.Â Innovative infotainment centre with wireless Internet access, online navigation,
AppleÂ® CarPlay and Porsche Connect apps.
- Lighting concept: visionary.Â The LED daytime running lights have been integrated into the Bi-Xenon main headlights â€“ the taillights with four-spot brake lights are newly styled. New: optional LED main headlights with four-spot daytime running lights.
- Design: sharpened.Â Sharp, snappy, clean â€“ inside and out. The design is striking, while the rear end with accent trim looks even wider. The cockpit is newly styled, the specification exquisite. The colour range has been extended.
- Sport: forever ready.Â Multifunctional GT sports steering wheel with mode switch and SPORT Response button.
- Safety: reinforced.Â With Lane Change Assist and a further enhanced brake system â€“ greater driving pleasure and greater safety.
- Stress-relief: daily. Adaptive dampers for more comfort on everyday drives. Plus a variety of storage solutions, ample legroom. Two luggage compartments for plentiful stowage â€“ hood open or closed.
The rear wing extends automatically at a speed of 120 km/h, reducing lift to provide even better roadholding performance.Â The black, sporty rear apron encapsulates a centrally positioned tailpipe, or a twin tailpipe on the 718 Boxster S.
So, how does it look in action? – do not miss the video below (including a hint of how the sound will be like):